Shopping for a rental home in Alexandria?
Today's Highlighted Unit Available For Rent in Alexandria
Lovely condo with townhouse feel. Remodeled kitchen & bath, hardwood floors, in-unit laundry, walk-in closet, extra storage, and off-street parking. Enjoy your morning beverage on your private deck. Convenient to public transportation, GW … [Read more]
1 beds, 1 full baths
Home size: 800
Added: 08/29/19, Last Updated: 08/30/2019
Property Type: Unit for Rent
MLS Number: VAAX239114
Subdivision: Harbor Terrace
List Price: 1650.00
Jones Point Park is owned by the National Park Service and its 52-plus acres comprise the largest open space in Old Town Alexandria VA. Jones Point is located on the Potomac River near the Woodrow Wilson Bridge in the southeast corner of Alexandria, Virginia. Jones Point is a nice place for a walk or picnic by the Potomac and is popular with Alexandria’s bird watchers, dog owners and history buffs. In addition to open green space and river banks, Jones Point offers
- two large soccer fields,
- picnic areas with picnic tables,
- walking and biking trails,
- garden plots for rent,
- two fishing piers built over two old ship ramps,
- and a large ship dock north of the bridge along the river.
Although the National Park Service owns Jones Point Park, the Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities manages the park. The parks custodians strive to preserve and showcase the 9,000 years of human history evidenced at Jones Point. Recognizable touch-points like Jones Point Lighthouse from the middle of the 19th Century are found here along with artifacts from Native Americans and colonists from the early days of European settlement. During the first World War, Jones Point was an important shipbuilding site and remnants of that abandoned heritage are unearthed for visitors to see.
The survey stones placed here under the direction and guidance of George Washington after 1790 mark the original boundaries of the District of Columbia. The land which George Washington surveyed for the Federal City was within the capital boundaries for 45 years, from February 27, 1801, until September 7, 1846, when Alexandria was ceded back into Northern Virginia by Congress.
For More Information About Old Town Alexandria
Read more about Old Town Alexandria, email, Will Nesbitt.
- $1,500: 1720 Abingdon Dr #301, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Potowmack Crossing | Comparables |
- $1,650: 1411 E Abingdon Dr #2, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Harbor Terrace | Comparables |
- $1,595: 501 Slaters Ln #513, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Marina Towers | Comparables |
- $1,700: 601 Bashford Ln #2, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Harbor Terrace | Comparables |
- $1,695: 922 S Washington St #110, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Bearings South | Comparables |
- $1,500: 706 S Fayette St #22, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Fayette Court | Comparables |
- $1,850: 501 Slaters Ln #17, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Marina Towers | Comparables |
- $1,650: 604 Bashford Ln #2113, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Riverton | Comparables |
- $1,675: 402 Bashford Ln #101, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Potomac Shores | Comparables |
- $1,800: 1600 Prince St #306, Alexandria, VA 22314 | 1600 Prince Street | Comparables |